Sunday, April 20, 2014

April Blue Fern Studios Projects

Happy Sunday! Today I'd like to share some projects I've made this month for Blue Fern Studios. 


Dream Layout

First up, I have my sketch layout. You may have seen it if you have checked out our April sketch challenge. Here is the lovely sketch:



And, here is my take on it using the Blue Fern Garden paper collection:





Here's a closeup of the "Beaded Strings" circle piece. I primed it with gesso, then used a blending tool with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink by Ranger. I finished the treatment by adding some random stamping with a text stamp in archival ink, and placed some bling on each of the "beads."

This piece from the "Ironworks Accents" set fit perfectly at the top of the layout. I primed it with gesso, then added some Ranger "cement" embossing powder, then lightly added some grey chalk ink for added distressing.

The "Blue Fern Flourish" is tucked under the flowers. I used gesso to prime (of course!), then added some green Distress Stain and some olive chalk ink after the stain was dry. 

If you haven't already, play along with us this month with the April sketch: April Sketch Challenge!




Butterfly Tag


For this tag I used three keys from the "Vintage Keys" set. I colored them with silver Izink without priming them first to create a "dull" look to the keys.




I painted this "Bohemian Butterfly" with glossy black paint with a sponge. When it was dry, I glued it to some pink paper, then cut around it. I topped it off with some crystals to accent the body. 





Dream Big Layout

And, the last project I am sharing today is this layout:


I tucked the "Seasonal Wildflowers" under the picture after coloring it with blue chalk ink and sponging on some walnut stain Distress Ink. I layered the different inks several times in random spots, and added some small blooms.

This title is from "The Optimist Word Set." I primed it with gesso, then added some Ranger embossing ink in turquoise. It was a little brighter than I wanted it to be, so I used some brown chalk ink to randomly tone down that blue. 

For the "Doily Bunting" I grazed it with black archival ink, then added some wired raffia along the "string," and then placed tiny blooms on each doily.




Thank you for letting me share my projects with you today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Rae

No comments: