Today I am sharing the projects I have made for January for Blue Fern Studios. I am so thrilled to be a part of this team. There is some amazing talent on the team, and I am so honored to be among them! Here are a couple of my first projects I have made for this month:
If you follow my blog or the BFS blog, then you've seen this layout already because it's my take on the January Sketch Challenge. :) But, I thought I would share some closeups of how I treated the chipboard.
For this snowflake dangle, I painted it with gesso, then added some Distress Glitter.
I also painted this dangle with gesso, and once it was dried, I used some purple chalk ink on the bows and outlined the heart. I finished it off with Tattered Angels Glitter Glam.
For the "delightful" piece, I painted it with gesso, then I pressed the purple chalk ink onto it in a random fashion.Winter Dangles, The Optimist Word Set
"Beautiful You" Card
I just adore this Shabby Layered Frame! I thought it would make a perfect fit for a card, so I made one with it. And, because I was going for a basic distressed look, I decided to cover the bottom layer of the frame with paper. I simply traced the frame on the paper I wanted to use, and cut it out and glued it to the chipboard, and then used a file to sand the paper to show the fine details of the outline.
For the top layer, I decided to simply "brush" it with black archival ink, careful to leave some of the raw chipboard showing.
Chipboard used: Shabby Layered Frame
"Blooming Beauty" Layout
There is A LOT of chipboard on this layout!
For these Graduated Circles, I used basically the same technique that I did for the card above, but I used brown archival ink.
On this Spring Branch, I started out with a heavy layer of gesso, then I randomly poured clear microbeads on it while the gesso was still wet. Once dry, I used Silks Acrylic Glaze paint in Guatemalan Green. It was a little brighter than I wanted, so I applied Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to make it match better with my color scheme of my layout.
For this frame from the Petite Boutique Frame set, I put on a heavy coat of Croco paint from Viva Decor. Once it dried, I dabbed on some Vintaj Patina paint, and finished it off with brushing it with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.
And, for my title, I used the Blooming Beauty piece. I used the technique I used on the frame above for the "Blooming" part, then I covered the "Beauty" with black glitter.
Thank you for taking a look at my projects! And, thank you so much to Leslie and Valerie for having me as part of this team!
Gorgeous projects. The card is amazing. That is my favorite.
Post a Comment