Sunday, January 19, 2014

My January Projects for Blue Fern Studios


Today I am sharing the projects I have made for January for Blue Fern Studios. I am so thrilled to be a part of this team. There is some amazing talent on the team, and I am so honored to be among them! Here are a couple of my first projects I have made for this month:

"Delightful" Layout 



If you follow my blog or the BFS blog, then you've seen this layout already because it's my take on the January Sketch Challenge. :)  But, I thought I would share some closeups of how I treated the chipboard. 

For this snowflake dangle, I painted it with gesso, then added some Distress Glitter.

I also painted this dangle with gesso, and once it was dried, I used some purple chalk ink on the bows and outlined the heart. I finished it off with Tattered Angels Glitter Glam.



 For the "delightful" piece, I painted it with gesso, then I pressed the purple chalk ink onto it in a random fashion.
Chipboard used: Winter DanglesThe Optimist Word Set

"Beautiful You" Card



I just adore this Shabby Layered Frame! I thought it would make a perfect fit for a card, so I made one with it. And, because I was going for a basic distressed look, I decided to cover the bottom layer of the frame with paper. I simply traced the frame on the paper I wanted to use, and cut it out and glued it to the chipboard, and then used a file to sand the paper to show the fine details of the outline.

For the top layer, I decided to simply "brush" it with black archival ink, careful to leave some of the raw chipboard showing.

Chipboard used: Shabby Layered Frame

"Blooming Beauty" Layout


There is A LOT of chipboard on this layout!

For these Graduated Circles, I used basically the same technique that I did for the card above, but I used brown archival ink.


On this Spring Branch, I started out with a heavy layer of gesso, then I randomly poured clear microbeads on it while the gesso was still wet. Once dry, I used Silks Acrylic Glaze paint in Guatemalan Green. It was a little brighter than I wanted, so I applied Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to make it match better with my color scheme of my layout.

For this frame from the Petite Boutique Frame set, I put on a heavy coat of Croco paint from Viva Decor. Once it dried, I dabbed on some Vintaj Patina paint, and finished it off with brushing it with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.

And, for my title, I used the Blooming Beauty piece. I used the technique I used on the frame above for the "Blooming" part, then I covered the "Beauty" with black glitter.

Chipboard used: Graduated CirclesSpring BranchPetite Boutique FramesBlooming Beauty


Thank you for taking a look at my projects! And, thank you so much to Leslie and Valerie for having me as part of this team!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Gorgeous projects. The card is amazing. That is my favorite.