Altered "A" Bottle
Fellow design team member, Tiffany, created some gorgeous bottles with this month's kit, and it inspired me to give it a try too. I have been in love with altered bottles ever since my friend, Bonnie, aka La Bonita, to the scrap world, shared hers a couple of years ago. Anyway, I found this little round one at Cost Plus World Market.
I decided I wanted an opaque bottle, so I painted it with gesso and let it dry. Next, my plan was to randomly touch it with Weathered Wood Distress Stain, so I did that, and the gesso started coming off! I should have known because the stain is water-based! DUH! (I never know what the hell I am doing! :) ) So, I knew that I needed something more permanent- I then painted it with Glimmer Glam in Chandelier, and it came out beautiful! (I love happy accidents!) Next, I randomly stamped over it with that fabulous Prima stamp from the Moulin Rouge collection. With the bottle finished, I then added all my junk: ribbon, flowers, a frame using the Martha Stewart air dry clay from the technique kit, and and alpha: an "A" for Audra. I thought I was done, but Audra informed me that vases are for flowers, so I added the Petaloo vine!
Here's a view from the back:
"Just You" Layout
I decided to make a leaf circle- man that was a lot of work! I punched out the leaves with the Martha Stewart Rose Leaf punch. I inked them and drew centers to look like the leaves on the page, but I covered up most of those. I used Tattered Rose Distress Stain on the wood letters on the butterflies, and made splotches on the paper.
Thanks for looking!