"1947" LayoutThis layout is actually my take on this month's Swirlyhues challenge. The picture is a wedding photo of my paternal grandparents. The colors fit so perfectly with the "Swirlyhues", I just had to use it!
I cut out the banner from the Melissa Frances paper that came in the kit, and the alphas are from my stash (Making Memories and Recollections). The heart is from the Calligraphy Cricut cartridge. I used the cute little resin charms from the ATC kit to adorn the wood keys. I also used the Distress Markers on them to add some color. The purple crystals and pearls are ZVA- I cut them up to fit the design of the Prima branches that I cut the flowers off off and replaced them with the purple Prima roses from the flower add on.
Shabby Chic Frame
"Live Laugh Love" Frame
I did the same thing as the first frame with distress stain and paint to get the "weathered" look on this frame. It's pretty simple to do. I cut off the flowers of the Prima vine to add my own that came with the kit. The middle is another notecard from the kit that I distressed, then add my own stuff: the "live" and "laugh" are Dusty Attic Chipboard that I colored with the "Tin Can" chalk ink, and covered with Glossy Accents. The "Love" charm is a trinket from Prima, and the crystals are Heidi Swapp.
I haven't been on the Dusty Attic site in a long time, but I decided to venture over there and see what's new, and I stumbled across a great sketch, that is for their May challenge, so I decided to go ahead and give that a try. I love the layers of the sketch! I pulled out this picture of my oldest two that I took a few years ago,a couple of pieces of Dusty Attic (music notes and the flourish corner), and what I have left of the "So Chic" kit, and started to play. This is what I came up with.
I cut up some lace from the kit, and added it to the second layer after "Zuttering" the hell out of all the layers. I colored the music notes with Stazon ink by scraping it against the piece. The corner piece had "Tin Can" chalk ink on it. I placed roses about the layout from the flower add on and used my own black flourishes (K & Co.) underneath them. The title has white microbeads on it.
Thanks for looking!