Here is the details of this month's Swirlyhues Challenge:
Use these colors to create your layout. Although the colors are taken from the April kit, you DO NOT have to use the kit! You don't even have to be a subscriber to submit a layout! Pull out these colors from your stash and get started!
AND, here is the OPTIONAL sketch. If it inspires you to get started, GREAT! If not, that's okay too. We just want to see your beautiful creations using these colors!
There are first and second place winners who get to put up a unique blog badge! And, if you are active on the forums, you can put that badge in your signature to remind everyone how awesome you are! LOL!
So, here is a list of the official rules that I snagged from the Swirlydoos blog:
1) Must stick to the hues provided. You may add black or white, but it can NOT be more than 5% of your total page and can NOT be a main element. (But, black is one of the colors this month, so add as much as you like!)
2) SKETCH IS OPTIONAL. You can submit a card if you'd like too. :)
3) Now for the Swirly-fying element – you MUST use one of our tutorials on your page. Here is a LINK to our tutorials. It is really to our forum. Just scroll down. Our tutorials are separated by category. You can choose anything your beautiful, creative heart desires.
4) Create a post on your blog for your SwirlyHues entry.
5) If you have a blog, please use our link in the right hand side bar to upload your challenge entry. (look underneath the SwirlyHues links) to your blog page with this challenge, not just your blog in general. If you DO NOT have a blog, you can still use the link to the right and link us to your online gallery page! OR, you can upload your gorgeous creation to the SwirlyHues album in our gallery no later than midnight eastern time on March 10th. Click HERE to get there. You will need to register to upload photos. It's free! Use the following format to name your item: SH Mar 2012 (insert your project name here). Your photos can be no larger than 600x600. In the description please tell us what tutorial you used. If you don't have a blog, just let us know that.
6) You have until midnight eastern time on May 9th to submit your entry. 2 winners will be chosen; 1st and 2nd place. Each winner will receive one of our highly coveted blog badges (see the right-side bar). Winners will be posted to the Swirlydoos blog on the 13th of the month (unless otherwise noted), as well as our Facebook page. Check back here to see your name and then contact LisaV at Lisa@Swirlydoos.com She will make sure you get your blog badge and then we'll add you to our blog for the month! Superstahhhhhh *strike a pose* 7) The next challenge will be uploaded to our blog on May 10th!
SOOOOOOOOOOOO, here is my layout that I created for this challenge:
The picture is of my beautiful little girl on her 5th birthday. It went so well with the colors this month, I just had to scrap it, AGAIN!
See the black and pink paper on the edges? I took the little strips that you cut off of the bottom of the page, then glued those to a 12X12 piece of cardstock to make it my bottom layer. I LOVE that Prima is following this trend of adding a design to that little strip! Then I cut wavy lines on a black piece of cardstock for the border and glued it to the tan double dot paper that came in the kit, which I then cut, tracing the black cuts. I used my fingernail to quickly distress the edges. A journaling card serves as a partial mat for the photo. I used Liquid Pearls to make black dots around the pic, and used some pink Kaisercraft pearls on the journaling card.
The tan vines/flourishes were cut using my favorite Cheery Lynne die. I cut up and place a SIIC for the bling.
Thanks for having a peek, and I hope you make a fabulous creation to submit to this challenge this month!